If IKEA made game consoles it would be Waveshare Game Hat. Some assembly required, but you can get it working in 10 minutes without any special skills. And no soldering!
Because this is standard Raspberry Pi running Linux, not custom chip. As you probably know Raspberry Pi 3 can handle 1080 movies and PSX games without any issues.
Device is pretty solid even without a case. You can 3D print one if you want. Currently there are two options:
- Simple case
- Looks a bit bulky
- Author also suggest to solder on DPad instead of Joystick, but you can put it without any modifications
- Elegant case
I bought Keeppower 18650 Protected Battery, with
3000mAh for 10€. Works good, last around 3 hours. You can buy more expensive battery with higher
mAh. Or if you feel adventurous try cheaper battery with risk of explosion.
This fills void left after Dingoo A320. Raspberry Pi is standard de facto, and has much better compatibility/support than any other alternatives:
- PXP - Sega only
- Joystick for iPhone/Android - requires smartphone
- RS-97 compatibility issues
- Retrostone no wifi/bluetooth, compatibility issues
- PiGRRL Zero Pi zero is slow for PSX games
- PiGRRL more expensive, require soldering