Simplest way get old Console Games to your new TV.
Works together perfectly with minimal setup to install RetroArch. 2 joysticks are detected from Fire TV settings and work out of box.
- Add controllers in Fire TV [Settings] → [Controllers] → [Bluetooth Game Controllers] (if you don't have one yet you can play using Fire TV remote)
- Download Retro Arch
- Sideload Retro Arch and some games (rom files) for your fire TV using this guide
- Start Retro Arch
- Click buttom with [⚙] Gear icon (left bottom) → [Screen Overlay] and set to disabled
- [Online Updater] → [Core updater] and download core for console you want to emulate
- [Load Content] → [Select File and Detect Core] find your rom file then select downloaded core
- Play :)
- Exit holding start and select buttons on your controller
- Next time, start game faster from [Load Recent]